Please join us August 28th at 7 pm EDT as we learn how to better use that camera we always have with us, our Smartphone! Rad is an excellent instructor and I know you will really enjoy his presentation. He is proof that you can make extraordinary images with your Smartphone!
Rad Drew Bio
Teacher, photographer, and tour leader, Rad A. Drew, creates with the iPhone, mirrorless, and infrared cameras. He is a frequent contributor to PSA Journal, and was listed in PSA’s Who’s Who in Photography 2018. His creative images have been recognized internationally and exhibited in galleries around the world including SOHO Gallery and SOHO Arthaus in NYC, the L.A. Mobile Arts Festival, and Obscura Gallery, Melbourne, Australia. Rad is an associate editor for PhotoPXL.com, and the mobile art network, TheAppWhisperer . He is a contributor to The Art of iPhone Photography: Creating Great Photos and Art on Your iPhone, serves as a Topaz Labs Affiliate, and is the creator of the popular webinar series, How I Did It!™. See Rad’s work and tutorials on his website, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, and subscribe to his newsletter.
In this 90 minute presentation, photographer, Rad A. Drew, from Indianapolis, Indiana, will cover two topics:
- The Magic of SnapSeed! Process your Mobile Images to Perfection!, and
- Create and Process RAW on your Mobile Phone!
Part 1 Description: The Magic of SnapSeed (for iPhone and Android)
SnapSeed is one of the most powerful apps for processing images on mobile devices. It’s like having Photoshop in the palm of your hand! Photographer, Rad A. Drew, will share tips and tricks that you can use to edit and stylize your images using SnapSeed on your mobile phone.
What you’ll learn…
- You’ll be introduced to the SnapSeed interface and the various tools for processing your images
- Rad’s simple workflow for processing any image in SnapSeed
- How to use SnapSeed’s hidden masking feature for eliminating noise in clouds and sky, and selectively sharpening parts of an image, such as the eyes in a portrait.
- How to stylize your image with textures and filters for a vintage look.
Install the Free SnapSeed App
Install the free SnapSeed app on your iPhone or android phone prior to the presentation.
Part 2 Description: Create and Process RAW on your Mobile Phone! (For iPhone and Android)
Lightroom for mobile is an app that allows you to record images in high quality RAW format and to process those images with Lightroom’s powerful RAW editing tools on iPhone and Android phones.
What? You don’t subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud and you don’t want to? No worries!
There is a FREE VERSION of Lightroom that has everything except three tools – Selective, Healing, and Geometry – none of which are required for creating and processing RAW files.
If you already subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud, the complete Lightroom for your mobile phone is included with your monthly Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. If you don’t subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud, install the free app on your phone.
What You’ll Learn in this Webinar:
- Why photographers prefer recording and processing RAW
- How to make images in RAW format with the Lightroom Pro Camera, including HDR and Long Exposures.
- Six steps for processing your RAW files to perfection in about two minutes using Lightroom’s powerful RAW processing tools.
- How to save the processed images to your phone’s camera roll.
RAW images and RAW processing has long been the standard for serious digital photographers, but, until recently, recording and processing RAW was not possible on mobile devices. Today, however, we can tap the power of RAW right from our mobile device.
Some more of Rad’s smartphone images.
Jim will send out the Zoom invitation a few days before the meeting.
Hope to see you all there! This is one you should not miss! We will not be recording the presentation
Lynn Wiezycki, VP