3/24/15 – We had a pretty decent turn out for our day at Tampa Bay Downs, even though the weather tried to give us fits. We had some brave souls, however, who were able to take advantage of the interesting shots all the rain and mud would present to us. Thanks for participating.
2/28/15 – There will be no education meeting on Friday, instead we will have a group shoot.
Tampa Bay Downs
11225 Race Track Road, Tampa, FL 33626
South entrance parking lot
Friday, Jan 30th, some of our club members met in Hillsborough State Park for lessons in night shooting and light painting presented by Jim Sykes and Robert Rostick. The weather or should I say the clouds, didn’t allow many star shots, but we were given a beautiful ice ring around the moon. You should have been there.
What is Pasco EcoFest?
It’s a family friendly fall weekend packed with outdoor activities such as kayaking, bird watching, hiking, airboat and riverboat rides, horseback riding, and a geo-caching challenge along with an indoor wildlife art show and live entertainment! Join us in Pasco County for an eco-friendly mini vacation!
- Birding and Eco-tours
Six coastal parks along Florida’s Nature Coast and one inland park will be open free of charge to visitors who want to experience the outdoors. Birding and wildlife talks and tours, hiking along nature trails, kayaking, air boating and riverboat tours along the coast and in the gulf of Florida, and horseback riding are some of the outdoor activities planned for you.
- Birding and wildlife contact: Andrea Webb, 845-616-4513, email@example.com
- Eco sponsors contact: Pam Marron, 727-375-8986, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Geo-Techno Challenge
For those who want to try the newest technology using QR codes along with family friendly geo-caching, the “Pasco EcoFest Geo-Techno Challenge”, a scavenger hunt for articles, clues and sponsor deals, will wind through many of the seven parks and sponsor sites, with prizes to winning geo-cachers of the weekend!
- Geo-cache contact: Paul Herman, 727-967-3528, email@example.com
- Art and Entertainment
West Pasco Art Guild and Progress Energy Art Gallery will showcase a variety of bird and wildlife art at the Quality Inn and Conference Center, central to all seven park destinations. Award winning folk singer Mike Jurgensen will perform Florida favorites here as well!
- Art Contact: Bevery Heller, West Pasco Art Guild, 727-861-7017
When: November 18 (eve. only),19 and 20, 2011
- Host Hotel: Headquartered at Quality Inn and Suites Conference Center at 5316 U.S. 19 in New Port Richey, Fl. 34652.
- Contact: Lisa Lawson, Sales Mgr., 727-847-9005, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seven Pasco County Parks: The Pasco County Parks Department will open seven selected parks “free of charge” to visitors for this fall weekend!
- Eagle Point: watching eagles, kayaking, fishing, fitness trail
- Key Vista: Nature trails, kayaking, boardwalk to fishing pier
- Anclote Gulf Park
- Anclote River Park: park, beach
- Energy Marine Center
- Werner Boyce/Salt Springs: sunset paddle
- Starkey Park: Environmental Educ. Ctr., historic site, horse trails
Why: To introduce the public to the natural treasures of Pasco County and to promote and help local eco-groups.
- Arts groups
- Audubon and other wildlife organizations